We are excited to be offering Pre-Pointe Shoe Assessments, Tertiary Dance Assessments and General Screening Assessments for dancers.
The benefits of dance screening and assessments are to:
- Ensure optimal musculoskeletal health.
- Identify individual body characteristics as a baseline for comparison when injuries occur.
- Facilitate the development of good alignment and technique.
- Detect risk factors that may impact the dancer’s training at an early stage.
- Facilitate the development of conditioning programs for the dancer.
These assessments will be conducted by our physiotherapist and dance enthusiast Danica Lang.
Danica has undergone training with Anita Bruce (Physiotherapist, University of South Australia) and Paula Baird-Colt (Body Conditioning Specialist, Australia Ballet).
Danica has participated in calisthenics for over 20 years, and competes in the senior team at Jayde Calisthenic Club (Ballarat) whilst also coaching teams of various ages at Bendigo Calisthenics Club INC.
Professor Adrian Schoo returns for In-Service Day
It was fantastic to have Physiotherapy Centre Bendigo founder Professor Adrian Schoo back in the clinic for a professional development day.
Adrian presented an in-service on Sacro-Illiac Joint (back and pelvis) assessment and treatment. Adrian is particularly interested in this topic following previous supervision of PHD students around this area of study.
Adrian is a Doctor of Physiotherapy and a Fellow of the Australian & New Zealand Health Professional Educators.
He led the physiotherapy program at La Trobe University, Bendigo in 2010 and 2011, and was instrumental in setting up the new physiotherapy course at the medical school of Flinders University in Adelaide where he developed the musculoskeletal program and clinical education.
We are lucky to have access to such an experienced mentor like Adrian, and provide our physio’s with these professional development opportunities.
Say hello to one of our newest team members, physiotherapist and accomplished runner Loryn Savoia.
Loryn joined our team earlier this year after completing her Bachelor of Health Science and Master of Physiotherapy Practice at La Trobe University, Bendigo.
During her time at La Trobe University, Loryn was the recipient of awards for academic excellence and leadership.
Loryn is passionate about running, and has competed at the Stawell Gift for five years, specialising in the 120m and 400m events. Sprinting and athletics have led Loryn to have a keen interest in running injuries as well as strength and conditioning for sports rehabilitation.
She also has experience as a running/athletics coach with a diverse range of participants including primary, secondary and tertiary age students, parents and retirees, and athletes with intellectual disabilities.
Loryn has recently trained in the myofascial dry needling technique and can use it as part of her treatment when required.
She looks forward to helping you keep active and healthy.
Make a booking with Loryn on 5442 4044.
Product of the month
SRC Pregnancy & Recovery Shorts are the perfect support for any light exercise that you may do during and after your pregnancy.
The Australian Physiotherapy Association have put the products through its rigorous evaluation and given them its tick of approval.
We have stock available in the clinic.
Pool renovation complete
There is nothing chilly about winter at Physiotherapy Centre Bendigo with our newly renovated hydrotherapy pool sitting at a comfortable 34 degrees. ?
Our state of the art on-site hydrotherapy pool is great for gentle exercise, recovery session, rehabilitation, and pain management.
- It was designed specifically for hydrotherapy by Professor Adrian Schoo.
- It is the only hydrotherapy pool in Bendigo with a dedicated deep section for full relaxation in a vertical position – great for relieving back pain, and also great for non-weight bearing fitness/cardio work.
- It has levels varying from quite shallow to deep, and has excellent railing around and across the pool for support.
- It has excellent shallow step access with handrails on both sides, so is easy and safe to get into.
- We have easy parking just outside the clinic.
- We have an excellent range of hydrotherapy services available with physios who have hydrotherapy expertise
We offer one on one classes with a qualified physiotherapist, group classes with physiotherapist supervision and independent hydrotherapy sessions.
You do not need a doctor’s referral unless you have some specific medical problems which you will be advised of at your assessment.