Men’s Pelvic Health Physiotherapy
What is Men’s Pelvic Health Physiotherapy ?
Men’s pelvic health physiotherapy involves the assessment and treatment of bladder, bowel and pelvic floor problems in men. It is a specialised field of physiotherapy where advanced education is required.
Pelvic Health Physiotherapy is based on a thorough evaluation of your history and a clinical examination to form a detailed diagnosis. This is followed by a treatment program that is tailored to your individual problems and goals. There is a strong focus on education and empowerment.
What can Men’s Health Physiotherapy help with?
Men’s pelvic health physiotherapy can help the following problems:
- Prostate Surgery
- Before and after radical prostatectomy
- Bladder control problems after treatment for prostate enlargement
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Perineal pain
- Chronic non-infective prostatitis
- Pudendal neuralgia
- Erectile problems
- Pain with erection
- Difficulty sustaining an erection
- Bladder problems
- Difficulty controlling a bladder urge
- Leaking urine on the way to the toilet or after you have finished
- Emptying frequently
- Bowel problems
- Difficulty emptying
- Bowel incontinence (leakage)