Hydrotherapy is a Physiotherapy modality carried out in water which combines the properties of water with the knowledge and skills of the therapist. Hydrotherapy provides an environment of warmth and reduced weight bearing, which allows for effective and comfortable treatment of many injuries and conditions, in a way that is not possible on land.
Physiotherapy Centre Bendigo has been providing hydrotherapy services to the community since 1993. Our pool has undergone refurbishments over the years and has areas of different depths and built in rails which allows for us to provide targeted and varied treatment to all clients, including non-swimmers. We also provide specialised water exercise equipment including floatation devices, weights, paddles and more. Our pool is heated from 34-35 degrees Celsius, the ideal temperature for muscle relaxation and hydrotherapy exercise.
- Hydrotherapy provides a comfortable environment for many people to move in a way they are unable to outside of the water.
- Early rehabilitation post injury or surgery with graduated weight bearing if required.
- Muscle strengthening.
- Improve balance and mobility.
- Improved cardiovascular fitness.
- Pain relief.
- Relaxation and stress relief.
- Increasing blood flow and circulation.
- Increasing metabolic rate for low impact weight loss programs.
Hydrotherapy pathway at PCB:
At PCB we offer individualised programs that are tailored to your particular needs.
- In-clinic individual assessment: Prior to getting in the pool, you will need to have an in room appointment with one of our Physiotherapists. This appointment is to get to know you and to ensure medical safety and suitability for a pool program. We will also further discuss hydrotherapy and how it can be beneficial for you and your goals.
- Hydrotherapy assessment (in pool): In your first pool session you will enter a small group session with one of our experienced Physiotherapists who will develop and take you through an individualised hydrotherapy program.
- Hydrotherapy group sessions: You will remain within the group environment under the close supervision of one of our Physiotherapist’s. Once you and your Physiotherapist are comfortable with your program, you will be ready to begin independent hydrotherapy sessions.
- Independent pool sessions: These sessions can be booked with our reception staff once you have completed your supervised sessions. These sessions are not directly supervised by a Physiotherapist, however, there is always a Physiotherapist within the practice if required. We recommend periodic program reviews with one of our Physiotherapists to progress your exercises and get the most out of your hydrotherapy experience.
As well as the above pathway we also offer one on one hydrotherapy sessions with our experienced Physiotherapist’s for those that require or would prefer this. We also offer an Ai Chi hydrotherapy class. Ai Chi is a relaxation and therapeutic modality that uses a combination of deep breathing and slow comfortable movements. The goal for Ai Chi is for whole body relaxation and strengthening which is performed to slow, relaxing music.
If you think hydrotherapy might be the right fit for you, please call our reception to book your initial assessment with one of our experienced Physiotherapists on 5442 4044.