Clinical Pilates is a specialised form of Pilates that combines traditional Pilates exercises with the clinical expertise of our trained Physiotherapists. It is safe, gentle and highly effective, using a combination of our specialised equipment and floor based exercises with the aim of improving core stability, flexibility and efficient movement patterns and postures.
Clinical Pilates can benefit many conditions and can assist with:
- Low back pain, neck pain and shoulder pain
- Spinal and joint dysfunction
- Injury rehabilitation
- Management of acute and chronic injuries
- Improving movement and posture awareness
- Prevention of injuries
- Improving general mobility and conditioning to enhance sporting performance
Pilates at PCB
At PCB, it is easy to get involved with clinical Pilates with our individualised programs which we tailor to your needs.
- Book an appointment with one of our Physiotherapist’s for a thorough musculoskeletal assessment and to discuss your needs, goals and how Pilates could be beneficial for you.
- Your Physiotherapist will have a number of one on one sessions with you on the Pilates equipment. During these sessions, the Physio will create a personalised program of specific exercises to suit your needs and will teach you how to safely use the Pilates equipment.
- Once you’re comfortable and confident with your program and the equipment, you will be able to come in independently and complete your program.
- Your Physiotherapist will organise periodic reviews of your program to progress your exercises as needed.
All of our Physiotherapists are experienced with clinical Pilates, so if you would like to book in call our reception on 5442 4044.